Danse Macabre 2016
10th Anniversary Celebrations!
The Eve Tribal Belly Dance Company has been an active tribal fusion belly dance troupe in Central Massachusetts known for their innovation and complex, multi-layered movements since August, 2006.
To celebrate our 10th anniversary this year we will be hosting a fabulous day of classes, crafts, vendors, and performances; followed by an evening Masquerade Ball on Saturday November 19th at the New Players Theatre in Fitchburg, MA.
This event is a fundraiser to benefit Sterling Animal Shelter: a nonprofit, no-kill animal rescue organization.
Date: Saturday, Nov 19, 2016 //THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Location: New Players Theatre in Fitchburg, MA
- No live flame
- No alcohol
- No pets (service animals permitted)
10am - 5pm: Classes, Shopping, Wandering Magician
5pm: Raffle Drawing
5:30pm - 7pm: Performances
7:30pm - 10pm: Masquerade Ball
Wandering Magician: Keep your eye out for our magician who will be sharing magical moments all day
Dance Classes: (Classes run for 50 minutes)
- 11:00 am - Intro to Tribal Fusion Bellydance
This is a fun, low impact class perfect for people with no previous experience. The first 20 attendees will be graced with a lucky bindi and colorful hair flower as well! We breakdown each move slowly with in-depth demonstrations. Drop-In and dance!
- 12:30 pm - Intro to the American Cabaret 5 Part Routine with Qalayla
From the welcoming entrance, to lyrical veil work, to the sultry chiftitelli, leading in to the exciting drum solo, and ending with the finale, the American Cabaret 5 part routine is a classic. Let's explore each of these and some of the typical movements used to express each part.
- 1:30 pm - Intro to ATS® with Baseema
American Tribal Style® Belly Dance is a modern style of belly dance created by Fat Chance Belly Dance® director, Carolena Nericcio-Bohlman. It is a transnational fusion dance with elements from the Middle East, North Africa, Spain, India, as well as other countries. ATS® is group improvisation where a vocabulary of movements and cues are used, allowing the dancers to create art in the moment. ATS® is fancy steps, exciting music, and sheer beauty of people dancing together as one! Join us as we learn some of our favorite dance combinations. You’ll be dancing before you know it.
- 2:30 pm - Shimmy! Shimmy! with Kaylin
This workshop will feature breakdowns of several different types of shimmies, techniques, and layering drills to help dancers fine-tune and expand their musical expression.
- 3:30 pm - David Drumhead Curry!
Drum Circle!!! This is open dance time. Come to shake some more shimmies, to get your gooey moves limber for the performances later or to just enjoy the drums as you move.
Raffle Drawing: 5pm - ALL proceeds from the raffle will go to benefit Sterling Animal Shelter
Performances: 5:30pm - 7pm
- Schedule listed below
Masquerade Ball: 7:30pm - 10pm
Included in the cost of registration: Join us for an open dance Masquerade! Bring and wear a mask or show your true face and celebrate our birthday in dance-tastic style.
It's a Party! It's a Masquerade Ball! Be Creative! Be Fun! Be as Outrageous as you like! Wear your belly dance costume all day, wear your renn fair garb, wear a ball gown, wear something dark or mystical to reflect our "danse macabre" theme. You can even wear your evil clown costume! We just want to see you; having fun! The only rule for what to wear is; clothes are required :)
Cake will be served!
Please note that we are no longer accepting applications for performance spots.
- Music will need to be provided at check-in on a CD (but please also have a back-up version on a digital device).
Performer Line-up to anticipate:
**Please note that last minute happenings might require slight adjustments to this schedule as listed below**
The cost for the event (payable at the door) is:
- General admission: $10
- Ages 6-12: $5
- Ages 5 and under: FREE
Registration covers: performances, access to vendors, all dance classes, and entry into the Masquerade Ball in the evening.
New Players Theatre - Fitchburg, MA
15 Rollstone Street
Fitchburg, MA 01420
Free parking is available in the RBT Bank lot across the street and under the billboards. There is some on street parking at the end of Rollstone Street (about 25 feet after the theater). PLEASE NOTE: The Methodist church does not allow us to use their parking.
The NPTG Center for the Performing Arts is fully accessible.
ALL proceeds from the raffle will go to benefit the Sterling Animal Shelter! Raffle prices are listed below:
- Tickets are $1/each or
- 6 tickets for $5
Photo courtesy of Alysha McCooe Photography
Please note that we are no longer accepting applications for vendor spots.
Vendors & Booths to anticipate:
- Catered by Emilee
- Worcester's "snack-time queen" will bring tasty treats and foods to buy throughout the day
- Thinking Bear Arts
- All natural salves, balms, and oils
- Black Rose Creations
- Handsewn Funky Critters for both young and old! No 2 are ever alike. They're very affordable and right now are perfect for holiday stocking stuffers!!
- Howe Street Handworks: Chair Massage by Rosie
- Massage away your stress
- Readings, handmade potion oils and magickal jewelry
- Alysha McCooe Photography
- Get your picture in a gorgeously done up bellydance set! Bellydancers will be on-hand in costume to join for pictures throughout the day!
- Inkmill Shop Multimedia Art
- Custom, one-of-a-kind multimedia art pieces
- Inside my Cranium
- Jewelry created from gently used guitar strings
- Henna by Inner Lotus for Mind, Body, and Spirit
- Henna tattoos
- Antika Nueva
- Wire art jewelry, soap, herb salves, and handmade up-cycled garments
- LuLaRoe with Pamela Truenow
- The LuLaRoe clothing you love
- Lady Feyline's Fantastical Faces
- Face Painting, Children's Crafts, Costuming